Hauptseminar Multiscale Simulations SS 2016/Quantum transport sensing DNA
More information will become available soon.
- tba"tba" contains an extrinsic dash or other characters that are invalid for a date interpretation.
- Quantum transport simulations: sensing DNA
- Maria Fyta
In this topic, the use of density functional theory method together with the non-equilibrium Greens functions approach will be presented. This coupled approach can be used for calculating the electron transport across nanosystems. The details of this approach should be discussed. At a second level, examples of quantum transport simulations which deal with sensing schemes for DNA will be presented.
- S. Datta, Nanoscale device modeling: the Green’s function methodSuperlattices and Microstructures 28, 253 (2000).
- C. Toher, A. Filippetti, S. Sanvito, and Kieron Burke, Self-Interaction Errors in Density-Functional Calculations of Electronic Transport, Phys. Rev. Lett. 95, 146402.
- Michael Zwolak and Massimiliano Di Ventra, Colloquium: Physical approaches to DNA sequencing and detection, Rev. Mod. Phys. 80, 141 (2008).
- H. He, R. H. Scheicher, R. Pandey, A. R. Rocha, S. Sanvito, A. Grigoriev,R. Ahuja, and S. P. Karna, Functionalized Nanopore-Embedded Electrodes for Rapid DNA Sequencing, J. Phys. Chem. C 112, 3456 (2008).
- J. Prasongkit† et al, Transverse Conductance of DNA Nucleotides in a Graphene Nanogap from First Principles, Nano Lett. 11 (5), 1945 (2011).